MESSAGE
DATE | 2024-09-14 |
FROM | Ruben Safir
|
SUBJECT | Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] Coumo consipracies
|
Here are the questions ex- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo could face at hands of House COVID-19 panel By Carl Campanile Published June 9, 2024, 7:53 p.m. ET
77 Comments A congressional panel investigating COVID-19 met with relatives of New York nursing home residents who died during the shutdown – as the panel readies to grill ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo on the pandemic.
Members of the Republican-led Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic received a detailed 121-page timeline from Peter Arbeeny, whose father, Norman, died from the infection after being released from a Brooklyn nursing home.
The scathing document on the wecarewall.com website claims Cuomo and his administration’s decisions and alleged coverups contributed to COVID-related deaths in nursing homes.
ANDREW CUOMO 6 The congressional panel is ready to investigate ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s involvement during COVID-19 when relatives of New York nursing home residents died during the shutdown. AP It’s the first time Cuomo is being officially interviewed by congressional probers – though in a transcribed interview behind closed doors.
00:01
04:15
“Keeping track of Governor Cuomo’s multitude of lies, manipulations, and misdeeds can be overwhelming,” Arbeeny, who met recently with House investigators, says in the document.
Explore More The woman behind a viral Facebook post that spread claims about Haitian immigrants said she regrets the post. Ohio resident behind post that sparked false rumors about Haitian migrants eating pets in Springfield expresses regret US Vice President and Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris smiles to former US President and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump during a presidential debate at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on September 10, 2024. Company says Kamala Harris' debate earrings strikingly similar to its Bluetooth device, offers to make ones for Trump Daniel Penny European couple who taped subway chokehold death may have 'favorable' testimony in Daniel Penny case — but refuses to cooperate The preface to the timeline called “the now infamous [Cuomo] $5.2 million book deal was the black cloud hovering over the New York Nursing Home Scandal and the driving force of corruption, greed, and betrayal at the highest level of State government.”
The COVID-19 panel, whose members include Staten Island Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (R-Staten Island/Brooklyn), has interviewed other families of COVID victims and state ethics officials involved in the controversy.
The panel interviewed Dr. Anthony Fauci, the former National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director, last week.
“For nearly four years, Governor Cuomo has stonewalled our Committee as we seek to prevent the next pandemic, improve government’s preparedness and response plans and gather answers for families who lost elderly loved ones because of his order forcing nursing homes to positive accept positive patients even if they could not care for them,” Malliotakis said.
ANTHONY FAUCI 6 Dr. Anthony Fauci, the former National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director, was interviewed. Middle East Images/AFP via Getty Images emergency medical workers arrive at Cobble Hill Health Center in the Brooklyn borough of New York 6 The COVID-19 panel has interviewed other families of COVID victims and state ethics officials involved in the controversy. AP “We look forward to finally getting answers, transparency and accountability for New Yorkers.”
Questions that will undoubtedly be asked according to Malliotakis and Arbeeny and other sources consulted by the panel:
The infamous March 25, 2020 edict directing nursing homes to accept positive COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals. Whose idea was it, who created it and why did it remain in place for 6 weeks when it was clear the virus spread through nursing homes? Why were emergency hospitals such as the Javits Center and USS Comfort, which had thousands of emergency beds, under-utilized? Why did Cuomo decide to write a $5 million profit-making book about his response to COVID-19 in the middle of the pandemic while thousands of New Yorkers were dying? Did the decision to write a book impact the governor’s decisions to make him look better? Why did you substantially undercount or mislead the public about nursing home residents who died from COVID-19? Bill Hammond, senior fellow for health policy at the Empire Center for Public Policy who issued critical reports on the Cuomo administration’s actions, also was consulted by the panel, as were state ethics officials tasked with reviewing the controversial book deal.
Cuomo – who resigned as governor amid numerous sexual harassment and misconduct accusations he denies – is looking forward to defending his management of the once-in-century pandemic.
“The Department of Justice has looked at this issue three times, as have the Manhattan District Attorney, the [state] Attorney General and the New York State Assembly, all determining that the actual facts and evidence did not support any claim of wrongdoing, and no MAGA farce of a congressional hearing is going to change that,” Cuomo spokesman Richard Azzopardi said.
MEDICAL WORKERS 6 There are claims Cuomo and his administration’s decisions and alleged coverups contributed to COVID-related deaths in nursing homes. AP demonstrators gather for a rally decrying New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo 6 It’s the first time Cuomo is being officially interviewed by congressional probers. AP The Cuomo spokesman also said the administration’s March 25 directive telling nursing homes to admit or readmit COVID positive patients from hospitals did not cause Arbreeny’s father’s death.
see also
Disgraced ex-NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo agrees to testify before House COVID-19 panel “We understand Mr. Arbeeny’s pain – it’s terrible to lose a loved one under any circumstances – but as court and publicly available DOH documents prove, the DOH’s March 25 guidance played no role in his father’s loss: he was admitted to Cobble Hill Health Center on March 20, 2020, released on April 8 and passed away tragically April 21– critically, Cobble Hill Health Center did not admit a single covid positive patient into their facility until three weeks after Mr. Arbeeny was discharged,” Azzopardi said.
The March 25 memo to nursing homes on admitting positive COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals was based on guidance from federal health officials, the Cuomo rep said.
He said in May 2020, New York became one of only eight states to include presumed nursing home deaths from COVID to the daily tally, dramatically increasing New York’s nursing home death numbers.
a box with the cremated ashes of Dnynia Armstrong 6 The Cuomo spokesman said the administration’s March 25 directive telling nursing homes to admit or readmit COVID positive patients from hospitals did not cause Arbreeny’s father’s death. AP Azzopardi said that fact “flies in the face of MAGA conspiracy theories that there was an attempt to undercount nursing home deaths.”
On 2/17/21 4:30 PM, Ruben Safir wrote: > > wsj.com > Opinion | How Many People Participated in the Cuomo Cover-Up? > James Freeman > 7-8 minutes > > Feb. 12, 2021 4:27 pm ET > > Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D., N.Y.) at the state Capitol in Albany last month. > Photo: hans pennink/Reuters > > Your browser does not support the audio tag. > > Listen to this article > > 5 minutes > > This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on > more articles? > Give your feedback below or email audiofeedback-at-wsj.com. > > Numerous senior officials have recently departed New York state’s Health > Department. What exactly did they know before deciding to stop working > for Gov. Andrew Cuomo ? Empire State citizens deserve an answer and > federal law enforcement ought to be interested as well. > > The New York Post’s Bernadette Hogan, Carl Campanile and Bruce Golding > break the story of an appalling abuse of power: > > Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s top aide privately apologized to Democratic > lawmakers for withholding the state’s nursing home death toll from > COVID-19 — telling them “we froze” out of fear that the true numbers > would “be used against us” by federal prosecutors, The Post has learned. > > The stunning admission of a coverup was made by secretary to the > governor Melissa DeRosa during a video conference call with state > Democratic leaders in which she said the Cuomo administration had > rebuffed a legislative request for the tally in August because “right > around the same time, [then-President Donald Trump ] turns this into a > giant political football,” according to an audio recording of the > two-hour-plus meeting... > > “And basically, we froze,” she told the lawmakers on the call... But > instead of a mea culpa to the grieving family members of more than > 13,000 dead seniors or the critics who say the Health Department spread > COVID-19 in the care facilities with a March 25 state Health Department > directive that nursing homes admit infected patients, DeRosa tried to > make amends with the fellow Democrats for the political inconvenience it > caused them. > > “So we do apologize,” she said. “I do understand the position that > you were put in. I know that it is not fair. It was not our intention to > put you in that political position with the Republicans.” > > Ms. DeRosa is now claiming that Team Cuomo was cooperative and > transparent in sharing information with the U.S. Department of Justice. > But New York’s failure to publicly acknowledge its nursing home death > toll and prioritize the protection of the elderly—the state instead > inflicted broad, destructive lockdowns on the general population—had > consequences far beyond New York. The state was an early virus hot spot > and its false data presented a misleading picture of Covid impact as > scientists and policy makers sought to understand the new health threat. > > In the wake of the Post report, Jesse McKinley and Luis Ferré-Sadurní of > the New York Times note: > > The disclosures have left Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, > scrambling to contain the political fallout, as lawmakers of both > parties call for censure, including stripping the governor of his > emergency powers during the pandemic, federal and state investigations > and resignations of Ms. DeRosa and other top officials. > > One wonders how long the truth about nursing home deaths might have > remained hidden if a few stout-hearted contrarians like Janice Dean of > Fox News, the Albany Times-Union newspaper and the Empire Center think > tank had not diligently challenged the official story. > > On Wednesday the Empire Center reported the latest in its battle to pry > information out of New York’s Health Department: > > Tonight the Cuomo administration released additional data on > coronavirus deaths in long-term care facilities that the Empire Center > requested under the Freedom of Information Law... The release came six > months after the FOIL request was submitted, five months after we and > the Government Justice Center filed suit, and one week after a court > found that the department had violated FOIL and ordered it to release > what were clearly public records... > > Between last week’s court order and tonight’s formal response, the > department posted new death totals for each facility, including hospital > deaths that had previously been omitted. Those revelations increased the > known death toll from about 9,000 to almost 15,000—making clear that the > pandemic’s toll on long-term care residents was much worse than the > Cuomo administration previously portrayed it to be. > > The recent disclosures followed months of deception in which the Cuomo > government would pretend to be vindicated by reports from nursing homes > and then when pressed for the underlying data would claim to be engaged > in a “diligent search” for records—as if it could have reached its > self-congratulatory conclusions without them. > > There seems to be a pattern here. The Journal’s Jason Riley wrote in 2013: > > Is New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has cited public health risks in > opposing hydraulic fracking, sitting on comprehensive research that > shows the practice is safe? > > “The state’s Health Department found in an analysis it prepared > early last year that the much-debated drilling technology known as > hydrofracking could be conducted safely in New York,” reports the New > York Times, which obtained a copy of the study. “The analysis and other > health assessments have been closely guarded by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and > his administration as the governor weighs whether to approve fracking.” > > The state still doesn’t allow fracking. Let’s hope it will finally allow > sensible Covid policy. Let’s also hope there is accountability for > anyone who enabled the coverup. > > *** > > Mr. Freeman is the co-author of “The Cost: Trump, China and American > Revival.” > > *** > > Follow James Freeman on Twitter and Parler. > > Subscribe to the Best of the Web email. > > To suggest items, please email best-at-wsj.com. > > (Teresa Vozzo helps compile Best of the Web. Thanks to Tony Lima.) > > *** > > Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. > 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8 >
-- So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998 http://www.mrbrklyn.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software http://www.brooklyn-living.com
Being so tracked is for FARM ANIMALS and extermination camps, but incompatible with living as a free human being. -RI Safir 2013
_______________________________________________ Hangout mailing list Hangout-at-nylxs.com http://lists.mrbrklyn.com/mailman/listinfo/hangout
|
|